Board Meeting Minutes – October 2019

Call to Order: 6:45pm

Members Present: Marilyn Ruh, Elaine Putvin, Cindee Picklo, Tom Stanko, Darcel Bulock, Jennifer Edmonds, Sharon Grabski

Absent: Bill McConnell

Guest Attendees: Steve Taylor

  • Amend minutes to remove Ann Johnson from Members Present list. Cindee Picklo moved to approve the meeting minutes as amended. Marilyn Ruh seconded. Motion passed.
  • Budget report: two months lawn mowing paid, treatment for lagoon paid in September, check provided for annual filing fee for the lagoon, 1 additional dues deposit for this year, and 1 additional dues deposit for next year, 1 dues payment received online but it is a duplicate so it will be applied to next year.
  • Discussion regarding tree that fell at the edge of the commons area. Sharon Grabski moved to post something on Nextdoor offering the wood giving until 10/19 for anyone that wants it to cut it up themselves and haul it away, otherwise, landscaping company will come get it. Tom Stanko seconded. Motion passed.
  • Recycling fundraiser: Joel was great about delaying until the spring and set up an account for people who want to drop off in advance.
  • Third dues notices are going out sometime this week. 22 haven’t paid. Sharon will make one final attempt to contact one house who claims they didn’t know there where dues and refuses to pay. Steve said he would go talk to them. Only 2 people currently have leins, the rest have paid.
  • Fall bonfire, Friday the 18th. Marilyn will post on Nextdoor. Someone needs to connect with Jeff to make sure that he is committed and will pull the permits. Need to confirm time as well. Darcel will set up the table for the event with cider, apple juice and donut holes.
  • Annual Meeting: Check availability of November 7th – 6:30-8:30 at Edgewood; alternate location is Old Chicago; Jennifer Edmonds agreed to contact Edgewood to reserve the room.
  • Discussed covenants: Jennifer Edmonds reviewed the covenants with an attorney who believes they can be dissolved with by two-thirds majority of all votes subject to the individual covenants. New covenants could then be enacted, potentially unifying all properties in the HOA into one covenant document. Jennifer will do further research to determine when the various covenants can be dissolved/changed and what needs to be done going forward. Once a draft of the new covenants is ready, an attorney should be engaged to review them before moving forward.
  • Luminaries: luminaries will be going on sale soon. Need to notify residents.
  • Removal of the split rail fence: Tom is going to look at the split rail fence.

Next meeting is the Annual Meeting, November 7th @ 6:30pm. Meeting adjourned 7:55pm