Trick-or-Treating hours in Meridian Township will be from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm on Sunday, October 31 this Halloween.
Township officials remind residents to follow safety precautions if participating in Halloween-related activities. Due to rising concerns surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and variants, residents should follow guidance from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) and the Ingham County Health Department (ICHD) regarding crowd sizes, masking and social distancing.
The Meridian Township Police Department and Meridian Township Fire Department also remind residents of traditional Halloween safety tips for those participating in trick-or-treating this year:
- When selecting a costume, make sure it is the right size to prevent trips and falls. Make sure all costumes, wigs and accessories are fire-resistant.
- Decorate costumes and bags with reflective tape or stickers and, if possible, choose light colors.
- Have kids use glow sticks or flashlights to help them see and be seen by drivers.
- Children and adults should put electronic devices down; keep heads up and walk, do not run, across the street.
- Popular trick-or-treating hours are 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm, so motorists should be especially alert for kids during those hours.
- Children under the age of 12 should not be alone at night without adult supervision. Please remind kids that are mature enough to be out without supervision, to stick to familiar lighted areas and trick-or-treat in small groups.
- Teach your children never to enter a stranger’s home or car.
- Tell your children not to eat any treats until they return home.
- Homeowners who do not feel comfortable distributing candy should keep their porch lights off on Sunday, October 31 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
Click here for more information on the Meridian Township website.